Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oatmeal Pecan Scotchies

Yield: About 3 dozen cookies

This was adapted from a recipe I found online years ago for Mrs. Fields Pecan Supremes. These are really good, whenever I make them people ask me for the recipe. My brother-in-law always asks me to make these for his birthday and I made them so many times one winter that by Christmas, I had the recipe memorized. And you should know that I am a big fan of the barely cooked cookie so this time and temperature will give you a soft, chewy center.

2 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, Packed
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Stick of Butter
2 Large Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Butterscotch Chips*

Preheat oven to 350°.

In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and quick oats. Mix well and set aside. In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add the butter to the sugar and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture. Once fully incorporated, add pecans and butterscotch chips. Blend at low speed until combined.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes and allow cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

*I hate to have stuff like this hanging out open in the freezer so I always just throw in the whole bag. And for what it's worth, I prefer the Hershey's brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment